Saturday, January 17, 2009

"But I'm Mad Now"

In 1997, The Simpsons (the greatest show on television) aired an episode, "The Cartridge Family," that contained the following exchange.

HOMER
Oh, I don’t need anything like that… yet… Just give me my gun.

(He tries to take the gun.)

CLERK
I’m sorry, but the law requires a five-day waiting period. We’ve got to run a background check.

HOMER
Five days? But I’m mad now! I’d kill you if I had my gun.

CLERK
Yeah, well you don’t.

(Homer walks out of the store, muttering.)
Homer's immortal line, "But I'm Mad Now," inspires this blog, because for me, I want to talk about the things that annoyed me today. It'll be mostly about politics, religion, and the media, with an occassional sports rant thrown in.

Welcome to my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment